Re: Clover House Chalk Marks

Tim O'Connor

Obviously must depend on storage conditions. I've used transfers 25+ years old with very
few problems. But one thing I always do is to transfer the SMALL stuff to decal paper first,
and brush over Microscale Liquid Decal Film. I started doing it just to make it easier to place
them exactly right. Regular decals dry out too, if they are stored improperly.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/26/2019 11:37 AM, Dennis Storzek wrote:
On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 07:43 AM, peteraue wrote:
My dry transfer sheets are a few years old. What am I doing wrong?
Dry transfers eventually go bad. They are sticky ink printed on wax paper; pressing them against another surface causes the ink to stick to the surface better than it sticks to the wax, and it transfers. With age the ink drys out and becomes hard and less sticky and it will no longer transfer. I haven't tried this, but for small transfers like chalk marks, you might try gently warming the spot on the sheet over an incandescent light bulb and see if it transfers better warm.

Dennis Storzek

Sterling, Massachusetts