Re: Reading decals - was Printing White Decals - 'Fonts'

Drew M.

Don,
   I can't give you an exact date off the top of my head but the "America's Largest..." herald was introduced in the early 1950s on an order of offset side, two bay hoppers. Cars rebuilt received it when painted. The herald was phased out as a money saving move in the early 1960s. The guys over at the Reading Modeler website have much information on the Reading. John Hall included info on the herald in his two bay hopper set which, since I was looking for one, I could not locate in my stash.

Drew Marshall in Philly, PA

Sent from TypeApp

On May 27, 2019, at 20:55, "Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io" <yahoo.com@groups.io target=_blank>riverman_vt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
      Reading hoppers with this paint have given me sme grief. Can anyone advise me with any certainty as to
what year the red patch herald began t be used. Did it only come through on new cars such as the offset hoppers
in 1952, that Kadee has offered, and later or might it have been earlier. Also, was it used when repainting the
hoppers and, if so, beginning when. My cut-off date is December 1948 but I like the look of these cars and will
have a few around IF they can be rostered without bending the time line.

Thanks in advance,, Don Valentine