Re: Reading decals - was Printing White Decals - 'Fonts'

James E Kubanick

I have a photo of RDG 70056, a four bay rib side hopper with a reweigh date of 8-49 with the anthracite logo. I cannot see the class designation on this car, though, as this car has paint damage in that spot. It appears to have been built 6-24.

I plan to model this car using the old Hobbyline car as it has the correct number of ribs and rib spacing.and It will not take a great deal of effort to upgrade the car. I have previously done a Lehigh Valley version, which is nearly identical, although the Reading car has Andrews trucks, making it even more interesting.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV.

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 7:42:33 AM EDT, Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

     Thank you Drew and Bruce. I feel a bit better knowing the herald was around in 1948. It is easier to change car numbers and built
dates on commonly found cars that it is to change the herald used.

Cordially, Don Valentine