Re: Removing car numbers on Walthers cars. (Super Clean Degreaser)

Nelson Moyer

Too long is a relative term. I soaked my Accurail hopper for five days to finally get all of the paint off. Other plastics may behave differently.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:56 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Removing car numbers on Walthers cars. (Super Clean Degreaser)

A couple of comments from the Model Railroads of Southern California website about Super Clean Degreaser.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

++++

Rick Watson: "Do not use this on brass models. It eats solder. Ask me how I know..."

Anton Bruce: "And if you soak plastic car bodies or other parts for too long...it will melt and/or warp THEM as well. And I speak from experience on that, too."