Re: (Not A Freight Car) Slanted Loading Dock

Tim O'Connor

The dock to the RIGHT in the photo is clearly a ramp going off to the right - you can see the
horizontal floor lines do not line up. The area in front of the car is slightly sloped rather than flat.
A slope is a easier for loading cars and it also sheds spilled liquids and water onto the tracks.

Tim O'

On 5/28/2019 7:08 PM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io wrote:

I noticed the loading dock in this photo (which does feature a freight car) has a pronounced slant:

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-05-26-19/X6991.jpg

This is the first slanted loading dock I've seen. Is such a design highly unusual or just not so common?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Sterling, Massachusetts