Re: UP B-50-40 from IM UP B-50-52 kits?

Benjamin Hom

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"This is the McKean model decorated by Evergreen Roundhouse.
It's not exactly correct. If I were building this model NOW, I would use the Kadee pre-1950 PS-1."

Ken, I agree with Tim.  While the Evergreen Roundhouse line has some of the nicest UP factory lettering ever offered, I'd wait until the pre-1950 Kadee PS-1 comes out unless you have an absolute life-or-death immediate need for a Class B-50-40.  The PS-1 is such a ubiquitous prototype that there's surely another off-line car that fits your needs that is closer to the Intermountain model.

Ben Hom