Re: UP B-50-40 from IM UP B-50-52 kits?

Tim O'Connor

Richard, I agree - if you already have 'em, go with it.

The only modifications I made to the McKean car - besides better detail parts and the roof hatches -
was the tabs on the side sill. The ends were already riveted (correct) and as you say the roof is correct
too. And the lettering is excellent. The kits come with AAR underframes but that's not important enough
to toss out the models.

Tim O'

On 6/3/2019 12:04 PM, Richard Townsend via Groups.Io wrote:
Which is why I suggested the Evergreen Roundhouse car. Right roof, good graphics, for a car the OP said didn't need to be exact. YMMV. These were just suggested options. If I didn't already have three of the Evergreen Roundhouse cars I would get the Kadee car myself, but I do so I won't.

And just to be clear, the photo posted of the Evergreen B-50-40 is of one paint scheme, but it also came with the earlier scheme. Also, the roof hatches on that car were an option suggested in one of the kits. Both schemes are shown in this eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-McKean-Evergreen-Roundhouse-HO-40-PS-1-Boxcar-Kit-Union-Pacific-NEW-TRUCKS/333213295470?hash=item4d950f636e:g:qsIAAOSwHDlc68~p

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Sterling, Massachusetts