Re: PRR AAR 65 foot gondola

Todd Sullivan

Tim,

Your observation is correct, and I noticed it too, although the photo is pretty fuzzy when you enlarge it.

I once photographed a 52' gon in Port Jervis in the mid-1970s that was painted PC green and lettered PC.  It has all the features of a NYC/Greenville standard 52'-6" drop end mill gon except for rebuild solid ends, but had a class of G31T, which seemed like a PRR class.  I never heard about PRR picking up any of the Greenville gons, so maybe the class was a PC invention.  Who knows?  Unfortunately, I just tossed my copy of PC car diagrams during the move to Texas last week.  Maybe someone out there has a copy, or someone on the PC list.

Todd Sullivan.