Re: "Machinist Tools For Modeling, Part 1 - Hand Tools" Clinic ar rent NERPM

Bill Welch

I am considering buying a Mitutoyo from Amazon. One can tell from some of the questions there for the product that there has been problems w/counterfeits but it is easy to return things with Amazon and they do stand behind things. Probably more than I need but like the idea of being able to switch between metric and inches. I have a dial caliper that works well as a gage but I often have difficulty accurately reading the increments on the dial. I am beginning a new freight car kit pattern project and want to do any measuring quickly. This also involves collaborating with someone else and given I am vey much a Rube Goldberg type engineer, I want to minimize any mistakes i may accidentally transmit to my partner on the project

Bill Welch