Re: "Machinist Tools For Modeling, Part 1 - Hand Tools" Clinic ar rent NERPM

Jack Burgess

I have a Mitutoyo 4” long caliper too after asking Dennis for a recommendation. I love it and, as Dennis mentions, you can leave it on for a long time and the battery is still fine. I still have my analog Craftsman calipers from many decades ago and I still use when measuring something over 4” long. I had two cheap Harbor Freight calipers…one would not turn off and the other ate batteries. You get what you pay for….

Jack Burgess

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:24 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] "Machinist Tools For Modeling, Part 1 - Hand Tools" Clinic ar rent NERPM

Another vote for Mitutoyo, which seem to be the standard of industry these days. The batteries last for years even if you forget to turn them off. A word of caution; a couple years ago there was a spate of counterfeit Mitutoyo calipers being sold on ebay. If the price seems to good to be true, it likely is.

Dennis Storzek