Re: "Machinist Tools For Modeling, Part 1 - Hand Tools." clinic at recent NERPM

John

A good source for many of the tools mentioned in this clinic is Little Machine Shop.  I’ve used their sensitive drill feed for many years.  It’s well made and I’m quite pleased with it.  The keyless chuck is convenient, too.

https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3790&category=

A word of caution, though.  A sensitive drill feed like this has to be used in a machine with a smooth, true running spindle.  Runout (wobble) of just a few thousands may not seem like much with, say, a quarter inch drill bit, but with a #80 it can be serious, leading to oversized holes and/or broken drills.

John Bopp

Farmington Hills, MI