From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...>
Date: Friday, June 14, 2019 at 2:04 PM
To: <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Paint Scheme for Swift 6700 Series Reefers

Question: does anyone have a 'go to' paint for the Swift Yellow color??  I prefer lacquers.

Fenton Wells

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

Nelson,

In an old issue of Rail Model Journal there was a two-page color photo showing a large number of Swift reefers - most of them in the red scheme.

You might want to check that out - or maybe this photo on the Classic Trains website will answer the question -

http://ctr.trains.com/photo-of-the-day/2017/09/swift-refrigerator-cars

Hope this helps,

Marty McGuirk

On June 14, 2019 at 1:01 PM BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...> wrote:

I, too, have two B&W photos. One is obviously red, the other yellow.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...>
Date: Friday, June 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM
To: "RealSTMFC@groups.io" <RealSTMFC@groups.io>

I’m building two Sunshine 6700 series reefers, and I only have two photos of these cars, both in black and white. SRLX 6723 is painted in the yellow banner scheme, and it’s clear that the underframe cover plates and sill steps are yellow, while the rest of the underframe is black. SRLX 6714 is painted in the red scheme, and it’s not possible to determine if the color plates and sill steps are red or black. I can’t tell if the end sills are red or black. I’d appreciate information about the red paint scheme for this car and any color photos available.

Nelson Moyer

--

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd