Re: New Kadee Boxcar

Tim O'Connor

Google is your friend :-) Apex, Blaw-Knox and Kerrigan were all rectangular, interlocking grid style.

After 1954, Gypsum ALSO become rectangular, interlocking grid, according to this article -

https://tinyurl.com/y4s4wvas

Tim O'Connor

On 6/16/2019 9:56 AM, Garth Groff wrote:

Good friends,

Friday I received the latest car released by Kadee, a 40' PS-1 boxcar lettered for Norfolk & Western 53124. As usual, the Kadee representation looks fabulous. I have one question though. According to Ed Hawkins' PS-1 list from 2006, this car should be equipped with a Blaw-Knox running board. Until the recently released Morton running board castings [thanks Sam!], Kadee apparently supplied Apex running boards on all their PS-1s (that's what it says on the packages I have in my parts stock). Are there major differences between Apex and Blaw-Knox running boards, or are they close enough not attract attention on an HO model?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Sterling, Massachusetts