Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Montour twin hopper M 8014

Only 8 cars in this series remained on 1-1-50. I'd also guess that the trucks had been changed by then. Contrast that number of cars to the 1472 USRA cars in the 15000, 16000 and 17000 number series. Tony Wagner

On Monday, June 17, 2019, 7:15:49 PM CDT, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

The Montour twin hopper M 8014 shown closest to the camera in the image linked below has a more-than-slight resemblance to a PRR class GLa hopper - especially the end construction. Does anyone else agree? Was this previously known regarding MONTOUR hoppers?

The reweigh date might be 1947, altho it is hard to tell. Note the car is rolling around on archbar trucks - this might be a little uncommon if the reweigh date really is 1947!

Is the car stencilled DISCO on the side? If so, does someone know what that indicates?

My Dec 1930 ORER does not show this car listed - does anyone know when this hopper was in service?

Claus Schlund