Re: CRP 89138 65ft steel gon

Tim O'Connor

Richard decorated his car for the CRP, a short lived tax evasion scheme
(a scheme immortalized in Paul Newman's "Young Philadelphians")

On 6/18/2019 3:34 PM, mopacfirst wrote:
Twenty plus years after the fact -- I had one of the Precision Scale gons and came up with a photo of it somewhere painted CNJ.  There was a Herald King decal set suitable (suitable enough ?  I no longer remember) but with all the discussions of 65' gons a few months back I realized I couldn't find whatever it was that prompted me to choose that prototype.  Well, here it is, so thank you.

Incidentally, it turns out that the home-built MP 5100-5149 65' gons of 1948 are substantially the same car.

Ron Merrick
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*