Re: InterMountain HO Scale 1937 AAR Boxcars with Square Corners

Tom Madden

I found two different types in my stash. One is a Sunshine mini-kit, "Rock Island Duryea Underframe, Superior Door, Decals for 10'6" IH Boxcar", and a set for a Frisco boxcar marketed for a short time by a modeler whose name escapes me. It's "#37DUR FRISCO BOXCAR U'FRAME & DOORS", and on the back of the package it says "CAST RESIN PARTS TO MODEL SL-SF 1937 AAR BOX CAR WITH DURYEA UNDER FRAME. USE WITH RED CABOOSE #RC-8001 BOXCAR KIT."

As mentioned there's the Speedwitch B&O M-26D/E kit, and also the Speedwitch Santa Fe Bx-26 boxcar kit, which also has a Duryea underframe. Haven't compared the two to see if they're different.

Tom Madden