Re: Wartime reefers on Cajon

Spen Kellogg <spninetynine@...>

On 6/30/2019 5:54 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
John Barry wrote:

In both versions, the color balance seems "right" to me based on the shed and station sign.  That said, I'm surprised by how "yellow" the 2nd PFE car appears, I would have expected a more orange hue.  Perhaps it faded through exposure and washings.

     I don't know that I agree, John, it reads as light orange to me. But the dirt on the other reefers reminds us that most of our reefer fleets are too clean -- yes, I'm channeling Richard Hendrickson here . . .

If that photo is from the early 20s (and I haven't checked to see when the cab forward could have been available), then perhaps that reefer was in the original color scheme.

Spen Kellogg