Re: Wartime reefers on Cajon

Bruce Smith

John,

Film response is not linear across all wavelengths. As a consequence, color balance may look good but individual colors may still be off. In addition, the Shorpy photo has undergone significant editing, so, the freshly washed car may or may not be accurately depicted ;)

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Jul 1, 2019, at 10:37 AM, John Barry <northbaylines@...> wrote:

Spen,

It's a Jack Delano photo from his 1943 trip for OWI on the Santa Fe.  I'm not saying the freshly washed PFE car wasn't orange, just that to my eye, it was less so than I would have expected.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA