Re: Soo Line Box Car 45398

Lester Breuer

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 09:10 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
As this Soo car was a Front Range 40' car, notice it had, as all of those F.R. cars had, 1955 Banana taper improved Dreadnaught ends. ......So any car being modeled with a build date precedeing 1955 would have the wrong ends with this car.
Andy I was aware when I upgraded this car as the previous upgraded one based on photos that it should have dreadnaught ends of “rolling pin” design which are quite visible in the photo of Soo Line photo 45450 making the cars upgraded  “stand ins.”  I still have a couple of kits in inventory to build.  My question, “If you were to cut the ends off and replace them, whose commercial ends could be used?  And, whose would you use?”
Lester Breuer