Re: ALTERED USRA SINGLE SHEATH BOXCAR PHOTOS

Patrick Wade

I drilled completely into the photo and the caption at the top reads Southern Pacific Transportation Company 1942.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 10:09 AM WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:
There was a post last week that featured an attachment of Mid Century Boxcars And Models.
Included in this attachment is a photo of an altered Delaware And Hudson car.  This is a car that is in my "Half Completed" stash.  The altered part is the addition of a Viking roof.  I started this car from one of Ted's Essential Freight Car series.

I would like to obtain a print of this photo.  I was unable to extract the photo from the attachment.
Any suggestion for getting a print of this photo?

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/1/19 4:11 PM (GMT-10:00)
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Metal Shield On PFE Reefer

0.005" brass sheet. Etching is being considered as you can get the exact edge needed. Cutting it is too difficult for my big hands and weakening eyes 😉

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 8:27 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Metal Shield On PFE Reefer

Won't it have to be incredibly thin? Almost like a foil thickness. But rigid too.

On 7/1/2019 7:46 PM, Bruce Smith wrote:

R-40-2 or R-40-4... model in HO with the Tichy car.  I'm working on etching the shield to recreate these cars.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...>
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 5:02 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Metal Shield On PFE Reefer

Photo: Metal Shield On PFE Reefer

Looks like this is one of the metal shields that was screwed or bolted on to the reefer car side:

https://www.facebook.com/Radio.WW2/photos/a.2031299693782683/2031307443781908/?type=3&theater

WW2 RADIO added a new photo.

The hood over the tender's rear light probably makes this a World War II era photo.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.