Re: B&O M55 A and B boxcars

Tim O'Connor

I have the M-55H kit. The problem with the kit is not the roof.
The end casting for the car is slightly too wide - less than 1/8"

A razor saw blade kerf and a bit of cleanup and the ends can be fixed.
You can hide fine seams with Future (clear acrylic).

Tim O'Connor

On 7/5/2019 3:14 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Scott McDonald wrote:

I have a Sunshine M-55 kit I partially built.  The roof doesnt even come close width wise to fit.  Probably a full 1/8 inch to narrow.  I understand I can fill in the gap with styrene but then it doesnt look anything like the car.  So it went up on the shelf of shame and been there ever since.  I will revisit it someday though.  It has the cool sentinel decals.

     Why not split the roof, put the 1/8-inch there, and re-assemble? It would be under the running board and hard to see, if not invisible.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts