Re: Eames Brake system

Andy Miller

It is interesting to note that they converted from vacuum to air brakes “under pressure” ;-)

Andy Miller

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Garth Groff
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2019 11:59 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Eames Brake system

Larry,

You might look at plans of the earlier Maine 2'-gauge cars. Most of the Maine roads started out with vacuum brakes. Later most converted to Westinghouse, I think under pressure from the government.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 7/8/19 9:21 AM, Larry Smith wrote:

I'm building seeral freight cars from the PRR narrow gauge lines.  All of them were equipped with the Eames vacuum brake system.  I have found one diagram showing the piping under the car but it is only at the truck end.  Does any have or can tell where I can find a diagram showing the piping arrangement under the cars.

Larry Smith