From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 7, 2019 10:12 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Santa Fe Gondola

Charlie, what type of end do you mean? Drop ends? There were certainly more classes
of Santa Fe gondolas with drop ends, than just two. At first I thought it could be a
Ga-103 but I wondered if the plain bearing trucks would have been applied in 1958 to
a brand new mill gondola. The only photo I have of one shows roller bearing trucks.

Tim O'Connor

On 7/7/2019 12:49 PM, charles slater wrote:

Assuming that is a Santa Fe gondola, it would be either a Ga-91 class car numbered 168400-168549 built in 1955 by Santa Fe or a Ga-103 class car numbered 168150-168399 also built be Santa Fe in 1958. It would be nice if there was a car number for the car. Those are the only two classes of mill gondolas with that type of ends.
Charlie Slater

Sent from Outlook