From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paolo Roffo
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 1:33 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Questions for my first resin build

So I'm gearing up for my first crack at building a resin kit.  I've had a couple F&C kits in the closet for way too long now, and I thought the Pennsy X37 would be a good one to start with since its a one-piece body casting.  (And yes Bruce, I'll follow along on PRR-Pro as well.)  Before I dive in, I have a couple (hopefully) easy questions.

First of all, washing all the resin parts - what's the best way to actually do that?  Just let them soak in a bowl of soapy water, or do they need to be scrubbed with a toothbrush?  Do most of you wash all the little parts on the "sprue" or cut them out and sand off the flashing first?  Also, should I be wearing gloves during the build, so I don't get skin oils all over the clean parts?

Secondly, when I go to mount the trucks, do I need to tap the hole to accept a screw?  Or is the resin soft enough that I can just drill it carefully and the screw will self-thread without cracking the resin?

Thanks!

Paolo Roffo