From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy Carlson
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 11:52 AM
To: STMFC <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Elgin Boxcar Green/Orange paint when started? Decals Available???

Wow, what a cool car, Eldon!

If this is an 8' door car, a somewhat easy kit bash can be made by removing the outer two panels on each end of a Branchline #1000A Blueprint series 50' 16 panel box car, followed by trimming the top of the sides by 6 scale inches. A 7' door car can be made with a bit more work. The rewards of going to this work pays off well when compared to a CB&T shops version with over-sized rivets.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Guys;

I did one of those early early Sunshine kits of the rebuilt DS cars that included orange decals in the map scheme for the overall green car with black ends/roof.

The later cars with wide doorways, billboard schemes, abbreviated top rib ends and 10' interior heights (attached) are a tough project, and no decals I was ever able to find.

What a great resin kit those would make!

Elden Gatwood