Re: Watermelons

Douglas Harding

Claus I would agree with Dennis & Ben. The stockcar is most likely a St. Louis Iron Mountain & Southern car. One of the other photos I posted came from this site http://www.scottcountygenealogy.org/search/label/Blodgett%20Missouri Blodgett is in Scott Co. MO, and was home to the Iron Mountain Railroad ran through there, hauling watermelons.

The Fort Dodge Des Moines & Southern came into existence in 1906, but in the 1913 ORER shows no stockcars for the FDDM&S. It was an electric line across central Iowa.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org