Re: Questions for my first resin build

Richard Townsend

There was an article in RMC a while ago about modeling a watermelon load. I don’t remember whether it was in a stock car or box car. I am not at home so I can’t check my files.

On Jul 12, 2019, at 2:40 PM, James E Kubanick <jekuban@...> wrote:

Paolo,

Welcome! I see you have received many excellent tips from the Group. You indicate that your  resin kits are mostly F&C kits. It is well known by this group that F&C's instruction sheets are not the best. I often struggle with the poor photographs and have difficulty in identifying smaller parts due to the vagueness in wording in these sheets.

So, my advice is to work slowly and, should you have any difficulty in interpreting anything in the instructions, do not hesitate to post your questions to this Group. It is a wonderful resource for solving these issues and the members are more than willing to help.

Have fun on your builds.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Friday, July 12, 2019, 12:38:30 PM EDT, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

The F&C people recommend "Shout" for cleaning their resin.
I never tap, just screw it in...Only time I should have was on Westerfield's old brittle gun metal gray castings. Had struggled though building and was screwing in the last truck screw when the thing shattered in my hand....
CW Propst