Re: Slim pickings for RR magazine

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Reuben,

Our local Barnes & Noble still carries RMC, NG&SL GAZETTE, MR, HORNBY MAGAZINE and MODEL RAIL. Given that the two British pubs seem to be a month or so out of date, I suspect we get the unsold leavings, or shipping and distribution to B&N is slow. I usually buy MODEL RAIL for the scenery and small layout articles, and because I dabble in O-scale British narrow gauge. The rest I rarely buy unless there is an article of special interest. I'm tired of giant "beauty contest" layouts, which make up the content of most pubs now.

I was a charter subscriber to the GAZETTE (having just taken out a subscription to FINELINES when it started). I'm going to let my subscription lapse this year, as it has been a long time since there was anything useful to me in their pages except for the occasional history article. Instead I have joined the British 7mm Narrow Gauge Association, and like their pub very much.

Your Aye,

Garth Groff

On 7/15/19 9:45 PM, reubeft via Groups.Io wrote:
Just return from my local Books A Million.  Per conservation with a sales person they would and did rearrange their selections.  Apparently no longer carrying RMC & NGSLG & European RR mag's.
Do have Kalmbach .  Time to subscribe.  Remember when I could fine Prototype Modeler & Model Railroading at the local newsstand
Reuben @ Poplarville, Ms