Re: Slim pickings for RR magazine

Roger Huber <trainpainter@...>

My local B&N only has RMC sporadically or maybe they only get a couple and they disappear quickly. I'm not impressed with the "new RMC" anyway and don't like the larger pages as I keep any useful stuff in a binder and throw the rest away. I have never seen NG&SLG at any book store. I was a charter subscriber way back around 1977(?) and it was pretty interesting back then even if they never truly lived up to the "Short Lline" part of their name. Over the years it has gotten too much into the larger scales for me so I dropped it. Fine modeling but just not my area of interest. MR is just a subsidiary or promo for Walthers line of backordered products and now their lines of toy train products.

Trains is mostly a UP publication and R&R isn't sure what it wants to be....X2200South, Trains, Railfan or what. PTJ has nothing much but light rail which I have less than zero interest in reading about.

The 2 or 3 British mags at B&N are far more interesting than Trains. R&R, MR and RMC to me. Some fine modeling and they seem on top of their tourist trains and all.

Just my 2¢.
oldline1