Re: Funaro 1932 CP Boxcar

Kemal Mumcu

Just a note that I believe we are talking about the 1932 (actually built in 1936) boxcar and not the 1929 "Minibox" boxcar.  The Dalman trucks from Tahoe look a bit different to me than the Dalman trucks on the 1932 boxcar.  Quite a few of the "Miniboxes" did come with Dalman trucks that look identical to what Tahoe offers but that is a different subject.

Out of the 700 1932 boxcars build only 50 came with the National Type B trucks.  I used to have information suggesting the number series these cars were in but I can't seem to find it right now.  I will PM you Scott if I come across that information in the next day or two.

Colin Meikle