Re: Side & end ladder variations

Tim O'Connor

Good point. I've long been aware (since I learned there were different numbers
of rungs) of ladder variations and have tried, at least, to locate them based on
photos. And I've trimmed more than a few at top and bottom to try and match a
prototype.

On 7/18/2019 7:13 PM, Tom Madden via Groups.Io wrote:
When scanning negatives at the Colorado RR Museum I'm always on the lookout for things that might interest steam era modelers. The attached photo shows the "A" ends of IC (left) and UP (right) boxcars of similar construction, with identical "rolling pin" Improved Dreadnought ends and 7-rung ladders. But look at the differences in the tops of the ladders, where the stiles terminate. The rungs, as far as I can tell, are in the same locations on the two cars.

Tom Madden

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts