From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Aley, Jeff A
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 10:26 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Atlas Freight Car Announcement

A quick look at page 48 of the Atlas summer 2019 catalog (http://download.atlasrr.com/0619MCPDF/Summer2019MSRPOnly.pdfshows that these are new paint schemes on their existing meat reefer.

Atlas says, “PROTOTYPE INFORMATION: The 36’ reefer is a highly detailed model of the car that was a mainstay in the meatpacking industry during the steam era. Based upon cars built by the General American Car Company for the Cudahy Packing Co. in 1925, the 36’ wood reefer is representative of the thousands of cars that transported meat, dairy, beer and food products well into the 1960’s.”

Regards,

-Jeff