Re: 5th Avenue Car Shops/Accurail CB&Q XM-30 Boxcar

Nelson Moyer

Accurail cars are like all off the shelf models, both kit and RTR, in that manufacturers select one prototype or a composite of multiple prototypes for the dies and paint the cars for several roads. That means all but one of the paint scheme are foobies. I consider Accurail as stand-ins to run until I build a resin kit based more closely on a specific prototype. The short answer to your question is, no, but I’m away from my resources, and I can’t tell you the specific differences now.

Nelson Moyer

On Jul 19, 2019, at 6:01 PM, Pete Steinmetz <peteson30@...> wrote:

Is the Accurail car accurate for the CB&Q  XM-30?  It looks like the sides near the ends of the car have different spacing than the Accurail car.  Could be the angle of the prototype photos.
I like this model a lot and am considering making one.

Pete Steinmetz