Re: does anyone collect unbuilt WestRail kits (or maybe even still builds them)?

Tim O'Connor

They were one of the few prototype model kits for a time, and probably more
than a few people have unbuilt kits. I still have 15 kits, with just a couple
of duplicates. I'm pretty sure, not 100% positive, that better models exist now
for all of them. The resin parts are sized for Athearn bodies so I'm not sure
they'd have any other use. The kits have useful detail parts and excellent
instructions. But collectors? Not many, if any.

Tim

On 7/20/2019 2:59 PM, C J Wyatt wrote:
I suspect that some WestRail kits are out there which the purchaser never got around to building. Are any of the kits considered collector's items because of the historical significance of Richard Hendrickson and his wife's company advancing the knowledge of details in freight car modeling. Has anyone compiled a complete list of the company's production and do any kits in the line still fill a need which has yet to be covered?

Appreciate any thoughts about this.

Jack Wyatt
--
*Tim O'Connor*