From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 7:34 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Viking roof color question

There's a builder photo of NKP 87100, reprinted in the 1943 Car Builder Cyc.
Maybe someone has the negative and or a hi-res scan? The photo sure makes the
end and roof look black.

I think some later NKP box cars had galvanized roofs with enameled seam caps

On 7/20/2019 1:52 PM, Tom Madden via Groups.Io wrote:

I bought this assembled and detailed P2K model on eBay five or more years ago and set it aside. (The price was attractive.) It's very well done with lots of extra detail and what I'm almost certain is one of my 50' resin replacement Viking roofs. But the roof is painted silver, and I thought those NKP cars had black roofs. Was there a silver variation?

Tom Madden

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts