From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Ralph W. Brown <rbrown51@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:01 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Accurail H31a red

Hi Lloyd,

I have no idea what Accurail did color wise, but where PRR “freight car color” of FCC is concerned, the hue varied over time, so the color you need depends very much on the era you are modeling.  Generally, the earlier the era the redder, and the later eras migrate toward brownish.  Bruce can give a far more definitive answer.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:33 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Accurail H31a red

Hey Guys, I hate to bring this up so will stick with just this car.  But what is the matching paint for the Accurail H31a composite hopper? I have two other X-29's and all three cars are a different shade of "oxide red."