Re: B&O Wagontop Boxcar

Tim O'Connor

Ed

The SEARCH function on the RealSTMFC (groups.io) is quite good.

It sounds like you're looking at parts for the DURYEA underframe.

Search on "M-53" and "Duryea" (etc)

For years people suggested we compile everything we know about freight cars into
a Wiki page etc etc - but the archive is right here! Over 160,000 posts about steam
era freight cars. And a few dozen warnings from the sheriff.

On 7/21/2019 2:47 PM, Ed wrote:
I have asked this question on another group but no one seemed to have an answer. I hope someone on this group can help.

I am building a F&C wagontop boxcar for the B&O and I cannot figure out how certain items on the underframe are arranged. Specifically, I am referring to the long and short triangular bolster braces.  Where do these mount on the underframe and to what purpose do they serve?

Ed Robinson

Sterling, Massachusetts