Re: Photo: Cyclotron Load On C&NW Heavy Duty Flat Car 48053

Drew M.

Athearn offered it.

Drew Marshall in Philly

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp

On Jul 21, 2019, at 20:59, gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:
There was a plastic model of this car, maybe 40 years ago.  It could have been AHM.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock

On Jul 21, 2019, at 5:54 PM, Bruce Smith < smithbf@...> wrote:

Tim,

The steel floor of these cars likely had holes for rods used as tie downs. Some steel floored flat cars had holes that were essentially a larger diameter circle partially superimposed on a smaller circle. The rod with either a bent end or a bolt on the end, could be fitted through the large hole and then slid over into the smaller hole, resulting in the rod being retained by the deck.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Smith