ARA 1932 Matches for Atlas Body Styles

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

I did some work matching between Ed Hawkins' list from the old Steam-Era Freight Car pages ( http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/1932aramain.html ) and the Atlas body list Don Burn provided. Below are the roads which more-or-less match the Atlas offerings. A number of odd combinations are missing here, including BAR, CG, NdeM, etc. which don't match any of the body styles. Also missing are some "short tab" (the tabs below the doors) cars with the 4/4 ends which would be an easy conversion, including the 5 ARA demos, three of which went to the C&O and one each to NYC and PRR. Need Duryea underframes? You're on your own.

Style #1 Long Tab Body,  Murphy Panel Roof, 4/4 Dreadnaught Ends:   CG, CRR, D&H, I-GN, MEC, MVCMCX/1, MP, M-I, NOT&M, UP/1, WM

Style #2 Long Tab Body,  11-Panel Flat Riveted Roof, Riveted Ends"  L&A, NC&STL, SAL, WRT

Style #3 Short Tab Body, Hutchins Radial Roof, 4/4 Dreadnaught End:  C&O, NKP

Style #4 Short Tab Body, Viking Corrugated Roof, Buckeye ends  ERIE

Style #5 Long Tab Body,  11-Panel Flat Rivet Roof, 4/4 Dreadnaught Ends SOO

Style #6 Long Tab Body,  Viking Corrugated Roof, 4/4 Dreadnaught Ends  NS

Style #7 Long Tab Body,  Murphy Panel Roof, Flat Riveted Ends  NONE THAT I CAN FIND

I'm sure I missed something and I will hear about it shortly.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff