Re: GM&O 40 ft Automobile Car

Schuyler Larrabee

George, having built up an underframe as you have, I am very impressed with the quality of your work, particularly photos -39 and -42,  You did all the rivets, decaled, I presume, which I kind of punted on when I did the ERIE Shake’n’Take.  Excellent work!

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of gtws00 via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:24 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] GM&O 40 ft Automobile CAr

A newer project in the works is a GM&O 40 ft Automobile car from the 35200-35249 series. The base kit for this build started with a Speedwitch kit consisting of a Branchline 7 ft door body and new resin parts and decals.
After obtaining a General Arrangement and Brake diagram from the St Louis National Museum of Transportation, I decided to scratch build a new floor matching the drawings. I also bent some new lower boor tracks from .005 brass. Attached are a couple photos of it progress. Long way to go yet on this project. Prototype photo credits go to Ed Hawkins
George Toman