Re: Sources for machinist/watchmaker-quality small twist drills redux

steve_wintner

A long time ago I found a stock of spade drills - watchmakers drills, if i recall correctly - on eBay. Hundreds, in little tins of like 12 each. They certainly are sharp, came in a variety of sizes (.010, .013, .014, etc) etc. I've not used them on steel but they go through brass and styrene just fine in a pin vise.

I'll admit i had doubts about the roundness, clean cut, and size of the result. But they work just fine, and are more durable than tiny twist drills.

This sort of thing : https://www.esslinger.com/mascot-flat-pivot-drills-004-050-sold-individually/

You may want to see if you can find an economical source and try them.

Steve