Early Steel Hopper
Aha! That hint and a quick search turned up an article in the February 1906 American Engineer and Railroad Journal, pp. 52-53.
"The car is of the hopper type, of 80,000 lbs. nominal capacity, and was designed and built during the latter part of 1897 under the direction of Mr. L. H. Turner, superintendent of motive power of the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad, by the Youngstown Bridge Company, Youngstown, Ohio."