From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Hawkins
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:33 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Intermountain display at Collinsville

On Jul 30, 2019, at 2:05 PM, Eric Mumper <eric.mumper@...> wrote:

Thanks for the insights from the Collinsville meet.  On the Intermountain table, did they happen to have display models of the 1958 cuft covered hopper with the type 3 roof?  These were announced quite a while ago before the Chinese factory issues.

Eric,

No joy yet.

I inquired with Gene Fusco about the project because I have been one who pushed for it, along with Al Hoffman. Both of us pushed & provided the necessary information for selfish reasons of MoPac and Burlington that used the "type 3” hatch cover & locking bar design.

Given that reservations have been sufficient to proceed into production, HO models would likely have been released by now if not for the Chinese plant closure one year ago. Gene indicated the models are still “a go” and are projected for production in 2020.

Regards,

Ed Hawkins