Re: Gondolas converted into TOFC cars

Richard Townsend

The CB&Q converted some composite 40’ gons to TOFC service and they were quite unsuccessful. The Burlington Route Historical Society has a “data sheet” (#12) that has a photo.

On Aug 2, 2019, at 8:21 AM, dale florence via Groups.Io <dwwesley@...> wrote:

Tim,

Thank you for the R. I. Gondola TOFC Cars.  I am guessing that the car you built was from a Tichey  war emergency car. Looks very good.

Thanks for the pictures
Dale Florence

On Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:15:59 AM EDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

On 8/1/2019 10:35 PM, dale florence via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have information on Gondolas that were converted  into TOFC cars, or pictures, from the early 1950's.. I want to build some, but cannot find information, or pictures.

Dale Florence

Sterling, Massachusetts