Re: Photo: Heavy Duty Milwaukee Road Flat Car 601051

Tim O'Connor

I remember Trains magazine ran BC op-ed newspaper cartoons from that era
that were pretty funny.

On 8/2/2019 2:40 PM, Tom Madden via Groups.Io wrote:
On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 11:20 AM, Doug Polinder wrote:
There are lots of pulp mills in Prince George, so a good possibility this was going via PGE through North Vancouver.
The OP said it's a 1956 photo. When did PGE complete the line to North Vancouver? I remember a TRAINS article from the late '50s - early '60s regarding the hullabaloo that ensued when PGE decided to complete the line to N.V., disturbing a number of adjacent residents whose construction had encroached on what they assumed was an abandoned ROW.

Tom Madden

Sterling, Massachusetts