Re: Metal Wheels

Rod Miller

On 8/3/19 10:12 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Make friends with someone who can get you a deep discount :-) and buy
wheels in BULK.
My club for many years ordered wholesale quantities of cars and parts
from vendors at wholesale prices, so club members got deep discounts.
I'm sure we're not unique.
On 8/3/2019 10:44 AM, Barry Kenner wrote:
Hello Group,
      I would like to replace most if not all of my plastic wheels , and change out for metal. For starters I have over 100 hoppers. That is 400 wheels. Would like to hear recommendations of what other members have done. Thanks,Barry
Being a 2-rail O scale modeler, I don't know a lot about HO
trucks. In O you have to be careful because different mfrs
trucks use different axle lengths. So I recommend that before
you buy hundreds of axles that you test the candidate axles
on a few cars. Hopefully all cars have the same trucks.

--
Rod Miller
Handcraftsman