Re: Monon

Bill Keene

Tim,

Thanks for the response. Yes. Most likely in assigned service.

My question was more about the Monon box cars with the lettering scheme seen in this photo from the Fallen Flags web site.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Aug 3, 2019, at 11:33 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

This car, repainted in 1952, might have been in assigned service.

On 8/4/2019 12:10 AM, Bill Keene via Groups.Io wrote:

We're the lettered with "The Hoosier Line" in the light gray background in assigned service or free runners?

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Aug 3, 2019, at 9:19 AM, william darnaby <wdarnaby@...> wrote:

If you mean "The Hoosier Line" on the light grey...yes it was gray... band across the top of boxcars, that would be 1952.

Bill Darnaby

On Saturday, August 3, 2019, 09:47:35 AM CDT, Armand Premo <arm.p.prem@...> wrote:

When did the Monon adopt the "Banner Lettering " on their freight cars? Armand Premo

Sterling, Massachusetts <monon_9161 40ft_SD_box AAR-1937 white-band-paint unusual-logo HighSpeedMerchandiseService.JParker 33269.jpg>