Re: Monon

Allan Smith

I Have conductors lists for the Sierra RR in 1952-1954 and three Monon CIL Boxcars show up on those lists  Cars 355,478 & 9251.

Al Smith
Sonora CA

On ‎Sunday‎, ‎August‎ ‎4‎, ‎2019‎ ‎02‎:‎25‎:‎16‎ ‎PM‎ ‎PDT, Bill Keene via Groups.Io <bill41@...> wrote:

Mike,

Thank you for the free runner confirmation. I will plan to add one of these cars to my modest freight car fleet.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Aug 4, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Michael Aufderheide <MononInMonon@...> wrote:

Bill,

Yes, those were free running general service boxcars.

However, some 50 footers with this scheme seem to have been in assigned service between the RCA factories in Monticello and Bloomington Indiana.  There was a similar scheme with the words "HIGH SPEED MERCHANIDISE SERVICE" in the light gray band that were in LCL service from the early 50s until the late 50s.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide