Updated 941st Field Artillery Equipment move in 1943

John Barry

Thanks to input from a couple folks, I corrected an error in my original post and have added a car I missed and the vehicle registration numbers to the spreadsheet and included some limited modelling ideas in the updated post.  You can download the updated version from the same link in the original post.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 08:34:08 PM EDT, John Barry <northbaylines@...> wrote:

In the fall of 1943, the 941st Field Artillery deployed from Camp Polk LA to the Desert Training Center at Freda CA on Santa Fe's Parker Branch.  I found a memorandum copy of the Government Bill of Lading in the National Archives and have written a short blog post that includes images of the seven page GBL and a link to a spread sheet with the car numbers and loads.

Not quite over Cajon, but a typical artillery unit move for 1943.  The personnel would have gone in a separate Passenger MAIN train.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA