Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Less Than Carload Shipments

Tim O'Connor

Mike, I don't think Dennis meant it died instantly. It was a slow death. ;-)

As Dennis noted, and I think he may be right, railroads could not opt out without
cause until after the Staggers Act took effect. (It took years to be fully in effect.)

Tim O'

On 8/6/2019 1:28 PM, Schleigh Mike via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello Dennis & Group!

Down below, Dennis S says the following--
        "The traditional operation, where the local freight had an LCL car that delivered to each station as it worked down the line, died with the end of WWII."

Respectfully, I must submit, this is simply wrong.

Sterling, Massachusetts